Reflections from the 2017 Future Founders Mission to Silicon Valley
The 2017 Future Founders Mission just wrapped up it’s two-week stint in Silicon Valley, and in this post we share some of the insights and reflections from participants.
This year we had 529 applications, from which we interviewed 71 to ultimately select the final 20 successful applicants.
The partners and sponsors
This mission simply would not be possible without our amazing partners, supporters and sponsors. The mission works on a scholarship model, where each participant is funded by a corporate, University, startup or Government department. This year our amazing partners and sponsors included:
Where did they go?
This year the cohort was in San Francisco and Silicon Valley from 29 October to 10 November, and had over 32 meetings, tours, and events as part of the intensive schedule.
Participant reflections and take-aways
The lessons and insights from the mission are best shared in the words of the participants directly. Here are some of their blog posts post-mission:
- Startup Catalyst: Initial Ramblings by Nicholas Moretti
- Show Me The Money by Sarah Li
- Startup Catalyst Download #1 by Matt De Bono
- Startup Catalyst Download #2 by Matt De Bono
- Adventures behind the silicon door — How can I help? by Max Wasley
- Data Driven Diversity by Hayley Teasdale
- You have two days to change the world by Hayley Teasdale
- Startup Catalyst Before and After by Hayley Teasdale
We will keep adding to this list as more participants publish their reflections and insights.