The visit to Hello
Orkut the co-founder of Hello (Stanford graduate and ex Google employee, also the founder of Google’s orkut.com) advice for startups:
1. Hire slowly and take your time.
2. If someone isn’t the right fit, let go off them quickly. When you only have 6 people, every person has tremendous impact.
3. Culture is very important.
4. Raise money before you need it because fund raising takes longer than you expect.
5. You will need to wear a lot of hats. Work well with people that makes all the difference.
6. You want people who believe in the vision as much as you.
7. Having an office in San Francisco is one of the factors we owe our success to because we’ve been able to hire amazing talent. Amazing developers, designers, etc.